Wahiawa Hills is not an easy hike, but it provides you with view of untouched green hills and fresh flowing streams running in every direction. It took us about 3.5 hours to complete and was worth every step. Especially, since I was in much better shape this time, than when I did this hike 3-4 years ago.
Going down hill, the beginning of the trail. The forest in this area is thick with huge trees.
Moss covered hill
Using my buddy ski, to show the scale of the plant. He is 6'.
Was supposed to be a water fall, but it is ok. It was humid, so their was plenty of water.
A shot of the stream, lots of water. Actually this stream is the longest in the state of Hawaii and we care required to cross it twice.
You always need to stop and appreciate the simple thing. Like the beauty of a flower.
The stream is about 800ft down, somewhere in there!
Ski using his modelling skills to show off a plant.
Me and a dead fall. Lots of big trees down all over. Wonder if they made any sound?
A beautiful view, a picture does not do it justice.
Another view, you have to see it to truly feel it.
Ski on the way down to the stream, you can make it out through the trees.
A view of the stream from above.
Me enjoying the water. Didn't swim, but made sure my shoes were wet before continuing.I took a lot more pictures, the last one shown was about 3/4 of the way. It was a long hike, but I did enjoy it. Ski was not as happy, he had a cold, told him if he went it would clear it up. Sorry, didn't work, but I don't like hiking alone!

No comments:
Post a Comment