Friday, August 22, 2008

Good to be home

It is good to be home. Why, you ask. Isn't it obvious?

I got see many people and visit so many little towns and see some interesting stuff. I also got to rent a pretty comfy car and drive at 75 mph on a straight road (nothing goes straight in Hawaii - not for very long anyways - and of course, the speed limit is only 55). Just love that!!!

I didn't take pictures with Nicole, Heidi, Holly or Carissa. Oh well, next time - or you guys can come to Hawaii and we will take some pics taken!!! I was glad to see everyone and get to know how my friends are doing.

I am one of those travelers that like to meet everyone I know and see everything that I can - so I don't like to sit somewhere and just relax and enjoy a nap or a quiet moment (well, unless the vacation was meant to be a hideaway).

So, I usually seem to need a vacation from my vacation. I haven't done that yet - still, I took leisurely shower, did laundry, ironed my clothes, and finally plugged up all the stuff I unplugged and moved and piled up in the closet to make a room for a guest bed (I had a guest up till the day of my flight to Utah). Finally when I went to bed, it was 02:30 a.m. (06:30 in Utah time) and slept for about 4 hours. So, I definitely need that today!

I love to travel - don't get me wrong. I just get so tired after a travel - I could sleep days, if I could face the huge consequence of a killer headache.

Another reason I shouldn't travel - well especially this time was: I left Hawaii when the thermometer needle was pointing at 85F. I got to utah at 10:00 a.m. and it was at 95F. In Nevada, it was already 105F at 11:30 a.m. Makes you wonder what in the world I was doing in Utah, especially in Nevada, huh?

So, everybody should visit me and not the other way around - I guess, that means I won't get to see most of my friends - practically ever. Oh well. I guess, I will just have to still enjoy my travels and enjoy getting tired and too hot or too cold.

I am now all fueled up and ready to start planning another trip - this time to Ft. Riley, Kansas - to see my husband when he comes back from Afghanistan. Not sure when exactly he will be back and how long he might be there or if he would even be allowed to leave the base to visit with me. That makes it a tad bit hard to plan - but I am up for it and wish me luck!

1 comment:

Carissa J said...

I agree! I will come to Hawaii and visit you for next time :) It was really good seeing you! Good luck with your travels in Kansas.