Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election

I voted - yes I voted as an American citizen - my first election in this country! It doesn't matter who I voted for - but that I did. As. Sen. McCain said, American people have voiced it and have chosen who they want to have as their next leader.

It is a historic vote that holds very uncertain future. Many still have doubts of when and how Obama will do what he promised if he will ever do any of them and he will make all the changes to actually work and have them be the change for the better.

Now, I can voice my discontents and complaints - because I have participated in the process and exercised my right and performed my civic duty.

I just pray that he will be willing to listen to the regular Americans - even though he had a hard time listening and answering to the concerns of Joe the Plumber. I have to hope he won't just "redistribute wealth" and not support people fulfilling their "American dreams" and expanding wealth for each and every American.

God bless America!

1 comment:

Carissa J said...

That's awesome that you voted! I voted for the first time this year too. I was too lazy before to register. Or maybe I just didn't want to get jury duty.