We got a letter in the mail yesterday. I recognized it as one I wrote to Keith. The date over the stamp indicated July 31, 2008. It was written on July 29, 2008 - over six months ago.
With all the letters we sent back and forth, this is the only time I have seen a letter this long later. It still made it though. I wonder where it had traveled to and through. I know it made it to Afghanistan and New York (sinse all APO mails go through there) and who knows where else. But, disappearing for six months is a mystery.
Sending multiple packages to my husband and receiving hundreds of letters from him, I got to know the postal workers. I am impressed with what they do - most of the time. I know they work hard and long hours before the post office even opens.
So, I will live with one lost letter in thousand.
But then, we have written perhaps close to 1,000 letters each in three tours. And, this one had a detour and still came here is pretty amazing. Wonder if there are any lost letters still trying to find its intended owner. What happens to them if the owner isn't found or the letter gets lost irrevocably?!
1 comment:
Pretty cool...I'm glad you got it back! Was it a juicy love letter?!
Post a Comment