This past Sunday, Greywolf organized a get together picnic for Mongolians, wanna be Mongolians and the visitors from Tuva and their friends. He even had a tent - made in Mongolia - set up. it was interesting to talk to the ladies from Tuva - they look like us and spoke in a language where some words were strikingly similar to Mongolian. Most did speak fairly good English and at times, I spoke with them in Russian. made me realize, how rusted my Russian is though. Gotta practice more.
The ladies are touring around the States and week of it, they got to spend in Hawaii. Best wishes in their endeavors.

My husband and I - by the tent. The tent stood out at Magic Island and Ala Moana Beach Park. A lot of people were curious and asked questions as they passed by.

Davaa, Chimee, Melissa and I. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Nyama - she was napping in the tent, I believe.
Most of the people who came are in this picture. Some left a bit early and some had a few cameras hanging from their hands and taking pics.
Keith has this trend - everytime he is on a beach with Mongolians grilling - he ends up behind the grill. He seems to like it. This time was no difference. He manned the grill and did an excellent job. He even made his stew/stir fry creation and warmed it up on the grill and people were asking for a recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment