It has been a while since I posted anything. But, we have been doing well and enjoying life in Hawaii. Last Saturday, we took two friends hiking at Aiea Loop and then some sightseeing after.
Over eight years ago, we did hike Aiea Loop (well, the offshoot of the loop down to the waterfall) as our "first" date. I could handle it then and this one was his first after the surgery.
We kept a fairly fast pace and he did just fine. With a few stops for pictures, sceneries and detours to see other trails and what not, we still finished the loop in an hour and fifty one minutes (and yes I timed it).
At the beginning of the trail. I have a picture of the two of us practically in a same spot from 2001 - we didn't change much though. Well, you will have to come by to compare. :-)
Halfway into the trail - having a little break looking at H3 and some interesting plants.
The Ford Island and the bridge to it. The USS Arizona Memorial and the Mighty Mo is visible as well.
Of course, the Byodo-in Temple is one of my favorite places to relax and enjoy the nature - and feed the birds - how fun is that.
The blow hole - the waves were fairly strong - so we could see the water spitting through the natural hole in the rocks ways away from the parking.
Another scenery stop.We did stop at the USS Utah, USS Oklahoma memorials and the Punchbowl. But, I figured the blog had plenty pictures of those.
Till our next adventure around the island, we wish you well. Thank you for visiting the blog and please come again to check out more soon.
1 comment:
You both look great! Keep the adventures going...love to get my mini vacations from your blog ;)
Post a Comment