I have been running early in the morning this week. Just want to get used to getting up at 4:40-ish and out running by 5:00. Today, however, the nice smell of rain in the air fooled me as it alreay happened. So, 50 meters or so into my run, I felt sprinkling. Then, another 100 more, I was drenched in the pour. Still made it all the way to the end of the road and more fairly easily. I am proud of myself (I am sure I am allowed to be, right?). I am happy for myself.
Everyone used to tell me how in good shape I was - well, shape isn't saying much since I got the "skinny genes" as my husband tells me. I wasn't always fit though. I felt fat inside and felt I was dragging extra weight that I didn't need and felt weak and tired. No more of feeling tired and being tired of being tired. I am doing something about it.
There is a saying in Mongolia that goes something like: you got over your sleepiness by waking up. So, I am working on getting over my tiredness by working out and being active. I feel not too worried about my fitness anymore. I do plan on staying fit and not feel sluggish for the rest of myself. Please remind me of this post if you see me one day and I look out of shape.
I didn't like it much when I started running. But, now I enjoy it. Not as much as some people I am sure - but I feel refreshed as I let my mind wander and just listen to my heartbeat and heavy breathing. So, good for me and go for it if you want to grab that running shoes and feel the wind in your hair.
3 comments:
Chimge, you inspire me! That is exactly how I feel.
I should have been out in the rain with you this morning.
You are welcome to come with me tomorrow morning. Hope it will rain. :-)
Go, Chimge! I am not a natural runner either, but once I kept pushing, I loved it. Thanks for always checking out my blog-I love you!
Post a Comment