It is in Waikiki - right in the middle of everything and a view so gorgeous - I had a hard time leaving for the airport. :-)
The next morning we got there early to head off for full day of adventure.
Then, once everyone got ready - we headed off to Arizona Memorial. Note of interest to all who wants to go there in the near future - due to the construction, the boats are leaving in 30 minute increments t 15 - so unless you get there at 0700 hrs, you might wait a long time. And of course, the tickets are given out by the USS Bowfin, not at the front of the memorial.
Then it's our turn.
Since we couldn't get in till noon, we spent the time visitng USS Bowfin, USS Missouri, and the memorials for USS Utah and USS Oklahoma. 

Children under 4 are not allowed on Bowfin. Poor Dalton. So, I stayed with him to play outside. he was super good - lucky me. So we got us a pony to play with and had cherry snacks to munch on and visited all the torpedoes and macine guns and what not in the area.
I was worried I might drop him - thus the up close picture on the machine gun seat. Then, I learned he goes horseback riding. :-) How paranoid was I - I guess he was babysitting me. :-)
USS Oklahoma visit.
Then off to Mighty Mo. - USS Missouri. 

Now, time for our movie and a ride to USS Arizona memorial. Need to be there 10 minutes or so before your assigned time and there is about 23 minute long movie to watch - then a short boat ride to the memorial.
Since we couldn't get in till noon, we spent the time visitng USS Bowfin, USS Missouri, and the memorials for USS Utah and USS Oklahoma.
I was worried I might drop him - thus the up close picture on the machine gun seat. Then, I learned he goes horseback riding. :-) How paranoid was I - I guess he was babysitting me. :-)Then to Utah memorial for a quick stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment