Sunday, August 9, 2009

OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL (OTS)

These pictures were taken at Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama on 28 July 2009. The sign says it all "OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL". No I am not changing branches, Chimge has enlisted in the United States Air Force, so that she can attend OTS, graduate and receive a Commission as a 2nd LT in the United States Air Force.
We actually got there early and got these pictures, because once she showed up, the training would begin and it will not end, until she is a 2nd Lt in the United States Air Force, some time around October 27, 2009.

So we toured the base, so she could relax and think about the task ahead. As you can see her, it is a replica of the Wright Brothers Plane. With out their quest for flight she might be joining the Army.
From there she stood before a larger than life statue of an American Aviator who gave his life in defense of the United States of America in the struggle against communism in South East Asia.

Then it was time for a loving husband to say goodbye and watch his wife begin a new career in the Armed Forces of the United States of America. She dropped her bag and began the reporting process.

The upper class men immediately stated teaching her attention to detail. She had to straighten her clothes, tuck in her shirt and begin the transformation form loving wife to Airman to Commissioned Officer.
This was the last picture I got before I had to move on and entrust my loving wife to her upper class leaders. She departed bravely, fully understanding the course she had chosen and the one I will support her through. After all she has supported me through three combat tours.
I know many will not fully understand why she joined, but many do not know why the few serve for the many. It is a calling and not all are called. As a husband, I got butterflies seeing my wife march away for three long months of training in Alabama. As a Commissioned Officer, I know that the United States Air Force just got a fine women and an excellent addition to their ranks. I could not be more proud to know my wife has chosen to serve the United States of America and I hope all who know of her very humble beginnings can truly see how incredible of a choice she has made. I ask all of you to keep her, her classmates and all those who serve this great nation in your prayers.








1 comment:

Very Zaneta said...

Please keep the updates coming, Keith. I love my Chimge I want to hear how she is doing. Thanks!