Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cooking up the storm

Well, I am not a chef by any means. Anyone who knows me, also knows that I don't usually like to cook. But, since the Tsagaan Sar is coming and it is nice to have some handy when I want it, I decided to make some buuz - steamed dumplings. First batch came to 45 and the second batch 54 - so total of 99 of these I made today.
Here are the ones that I froze and will be saving them to share with my husband - who happen to like Mongolian food.

It is crazy considering he has cooked extra meals daily before he left so I wouldn't have to worry about coming home and having to cook after long day of work. Still, I will enjoy the meals he prepared for me. I got all kinds of food choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Definitely, I wouldn't be going hungry.

I am grateful to have a house, food to eat, clothes to wear and of course, very wonderful husband to share all I have with and who shares everything with me and takes care of my every need.

2 comments:

Ang said...

Very sweet husband - and those look awesome!

Mary said...

Eric did the same thing!! He's only gone for one night, but made sure to have food ready for me before he left. We sure picked great guys!