We have a family tradition that on weekends Daddy gets up and makes breakfast. Well, actually he does that every day for me, but on weekends, he likes to make pancakes. Now that I am two and a half, Daddy said I can start to learn how to take care of myself. That includes washing my clothes, cooking, cleaning the house and making my bed. So today I learned how to mix pancake batter. He would not let me cook, he said that is another lesson when I am four. So for now I am only an assistant chef.
Here we are in the kitchen. I had to stand on a chair so I could reach the top of the counter.
I learned you have to pour milk carefully or it does not last very long.
After that I learned it takes two eggs, not a dozen. So why does the egg thing have 12.
Mixing is not easy, I need to work out more.
It seems a lot easier when Daddy is doing it.
We made blackberry pancakes, that is Mommy's favorite and they are good.
I am using my left hand here, but it is harder. I am actually right handed....
The pancakes turned out really good. Between the two of us they turned out just right. Daddy and I make a good team, just like Forrest Gump and Bubba. Yep, we even cook with shrimps some times!!
If you ever find yourself in our neck of the woods, stop in on Saturday (After Calling) and I am sure we can cook you some dandy pancakes.







No comments:
Post a Comment