Sunday, March 16, 2014

Update on Arnold Roscoe Collins and the finish products for all three

A long time ago I set out to research both my Grandfathers and One Great Grandfather, Re: The roles they played in the US Military. Last week I finally got the last display case finished. I had a shadow box make for Arnold Roscoe Collins, to display his WWI and WWII Victory Medals and a plaque to show is dates of service. The next one will be mine, since my retirement from the United States Army Reserve will be effective on 1 May 2014. And I have to assume, it will be a good while before I have the honor of doing Chimge's. Christopher being the only male heir will have to buy a large house to display his families proud military history.
 
Private Arnold Roscoe Collins' WWI and WWII Victory Medals. I chose the red back ground, because in WWI he was Pioneer Infantry (Engineer) and in WWII he was Medical Corps.

PVT Arnold Roscoe Collins
 
PVT Newton Willard Young

LTC (R) Arnold Collins, Jr.
 
I feel I have accomplished something, learning their histories and taking the time to preserve them in words as well as the displays.

No comments: