Saturday, April 25, 2015

Operation Hero- Christopher's first deployment

I got to participate in Operation Hero, which is a program put on by the USAF to let kids see what their Mommies and Daddies do when they deploy. It was a fun event and I learned a lot.
 
First rule of deployment, you stand in line, long lines... for a long time.

Then you get into more lines and they give you stuff.

Wait, no one mentioned shots!
 
I got lots of reading materials, will come in handy when I can read.

Wow... famous people come out to see us off...

Another line for the obstacle course...

They are checking to see if we are fit for deployment.

No, I did not get to fly it.

They taught us how to wait around and wonder what is next?

Then we got on a bus, a very crowded bus.

Then they made is get off really fast....

We got a class on fire safety.

Hands on training with weapons and...

practice with the RPG-7.

A little more hands on with a sniper rifle and

learning how not to hurt yourself getting out of a HMMWV.

I got to re-test on the last one.

Then I went to the Nurf qualification were I scored expert.

Then I was some what fitted for a ACH and body armor. Some one already got the extra, extra, extra, extra small.

They said do not worry I would grow into....

Then I came home to the chow hall and had a good dinner.

and the day ended with me safely in bed.
 
Thank you Mommy and Daddy for letting me deploy. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot.

No comments: