Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I got lucky!!

Well, I have tentaive info on my husband's return. So, I went on getting the airline, hotel and car reserved / booked. It isn't an easy or cheap task when you are doing it at the last minute. But, evidently I got lucky today. Was able to book last minute tickets.

Then, the hotel I wanted to get into indicated to have no available rooms as I checked online. So, I took a chance and called them - well, she had to do some manuevering I think. But, since we stayed there last year and perhaps, i sounded rather pitiful she put me on hold and voila, 5 minutes later I had a suite. No regular rooms. But, I am sure my husband deserves to have some space after being cramped up in tiny room with no basic amenities. And, hey, who am I kidding, I will enjoy the comfort as well. :-)

If you are affiliated with the military in any way, I am sure you know, there is a game of "hurry up and wait." So, I did the hurrying up part and got all ready to leave - just hope once I get there I won't have to wait too long to see him. There is nothing is certain until it actually starts happening.

Well, safe and fun trip for me!

2 comments:

Ang said...

I forgot to comment on here before. I agree - some things that are important are not just luck but a blessing from above. I've received some wonderful blessings recently that reminded me that my Heavenly Father knows me and wants to help me. I hope things work out for you and that you get to spend as much time as you possibly can with your hubby!

Carissa J said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad everything worked out so well for you and your trip to see your husband. Have a fun trip and tell Keith I said "Hi"!