Those of you who heard he got a broken foot, don't be alarmed. It happened in Kansas. What can I say - after three tours in four years and he got his ankle busted in Ft. Riley, Kansas, of all places.
So, this is him sitting in our temporary home of Candlewood suites - and he is actually cooking for me - broken foot or not. Don't get me wrong, I did do my share of cooking and all the cleaning. :-)
Now, he is walking around and even driving. Also, the physical therapist gave him a cane - so he walks like Dr. House and acts like him too at times - because they won't send him home.
I was in Kansas for two weeks and got to spend my birthday there. On the morning of my birthday, Keith had a doctor's appointment at 0700. So, we got up at 0530 and it was 44F outside - I had no sweater - nothing. Gosh, I missed Hawaii.
But, that evening my husband drove and took me to this steak place (I am not a girly girl and eat salad or what not, I am hearty eater - love my meat :-). Doe's was the place. I wish I had my camera to take a picture of the front of the restaurant and the cow (or was it a bull) and the big fork. It is a nice casual place - with very good food. I believe they have Francise's in 8-9 places. Thank goodness they don't do the singing and what not for birthdays. Keith would have been in trouble if they did that (he asked for it though).

The craziest part was they offer 1 1/2, 2, or even 3 pound steaks. And when it is over 2 pounds, you can share it and have it done at two different temperatures. What restaurant does that. So, needless to say, we ordered a two pounder and shared.
One place I didn't get to go is visit Dorothy. Well, there is a Oz museum in Wamego, Kansas. If you are ever in Kansas, here is a little map for you and let me know what it was like (exit 298 from I-70). I got the map from the museum's website. I do not think I will ever go that way - so, no visiting the Oz, I guess. Sorry Dorothy.
It is nice to be home - but I do hope the medical treatments and paperwork will get transfered to Hawaii soon enough and my husband will get home.

3 comments:
Your poor hubby - no fun to have a cast to lug around. So glad you got to spend some great time with him and that he's safe in the states. We appreciate the sacrifice the two of you make for our behalf! Glad you got to take a little vacation, and the stake sounds YUMMY!
I hope you had a happy birthday! Too bad Keith was kinda limited in his activities with that foot. It sounds like you had a great time, regardless. I bet he misses Hawaii! I'm glad you made it back safe :)
Glad your husband made it back to the States. Hope you are doing so well and feeling a little peace to have him a bit closer to you :). Love you, Chimge!
Post a Comment