Monday, March 23, 2009

BYU-Hawaii Culture Night

Mongolian Club participated in the Culture Night this year - Friday, March 20, 2009 at BYUH CAC. Since Keith and I were picking up Mongolian set of clothes from Greywolf and bringing some of Keith's - we decided to stay and watch the Mongolian Club's dance number.

We got to Orgil & Tegshee's earlier that evening and was involved in finishing up the clothes for the dancers. Tegshee & Orgil are amazing - she made all ten dancers' customes and he put together the slides that showed as they were dancing and put together the music.
Since I was excited and in a hurry, I didn't bring my camera. Took pictures with Kai's - and this is the only one that came out somewhat okay on my phone camera.

I have to say, when they used their khadag to build a ger - it looked absolutely wonderful. Choreography was very well done, I have to say.

1 comment:

Carissa J said...

That's so cool! I don't know much about the Mongolian culture. I learned about so many cultures while I was in Hawai'i but Mongolian wasn't one of them. Too bad you didn't get a video of the dancing. I would have loved to see it :)