Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Run Forest Run!!!

I have always enjoyed outdoors - we hiked much together ever since we met. And now we are getting back into it again. But, running has never been something I liked to do.

I have started running sometime in April - first it was tiring and irritating at times - I was not putting my mind to it, I guess. So, it wasn't something I was looking forward too.

But, eventually I got a bit better at it and started actually enjoying it and felt stiff and tired if I didn't run that morning or the evening before.

Yesterday, I wanted to push myself and see how fast I could actually run. So, my goal was to run half a mile in 4 minutes and see if I can get the distance longer with more practice - eventually. Well, you have to understand that I just had run mile and a half already. Still, I did. I did run the half a mile of it in 3 minutes 29 seconds. Hooray. But, I was totally beat though, afterwards. Still, I did it. I walked the next half a mile - slowly and the last half with a bit more spring.

I am glad that I stuck to it. I just need to keep running!!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Keep at it! You are an inspiration to all of us non-runners :-)