I miss my husband
Since we moved from Hawaii, Keith has been trying to find a reserve unit that would work for him. Since he is an Infantry Officer, it was out of question for him to stay in that field. So, he joined a Civil Affairs Unit and been looking forward to go to school to get all the qualifcations.
Finally after hundreds of emails going back and forth trying to cancel or not to cancel this training - it is on. And, he left oh-dark-thirty this morning to Ft. Bragg for his month long training.
Here he is all packed up with his uniforms and equipment ready to fly away to North Carolina. After saying our byes, I made it to work at 0545 - I am tired and sleepy as I sit here - but sleep escapes me. The bed is too big, the room is too cold - my loving hubby is not here to deliver me snacks before bedtime. I miss him.
I am grateful there is a holiday coming up right after the Valentine's and with that I will be flying after him to spend the Valentine's weekend together. My ticket is bought, the leave is requested and I just need to get packing! I miss you and I will be there soon.
1 comment:
I'm glad he found something that works for him!
Post a Comment