Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve with the Cook Family

We spent our Christmas Eve with our Utah family and friends. It was our second Cook family Christmas Eve dinner, the first was in 2009. It is one of the biggest family gatherings we ever get to attend. It comes with a meal, a re-enactment of the Christmas Story, talent demonstration and a visit from Santa.

Here is the re-enactment of the Christmas Story, with the large audience, angels, shepherds, wisemen and a real baby Jesus.

Another view.....

Mommy and me watching the talent.

I got a private visit with Santa. His beard was itchy and I thought he would be older. So I told him so and....

he told me I was going to get a lump of coal! If I did not shape up....

Then Santa visited everyone else....

Man, that is a lot of kids.... that guy is getting swarmed.

Santa is taking roll call and checking his list twice.

and with so many kids he is still checking it.

I already talked with Santa, so I am self entertaining.

Santa is telling everyone to be sure to go home and go right to bed.

What do you know, the big guy had something for me after all and it was not coal.

Thanks to all those who invited us for Christmas Eve dinner and entertainment. It was a great time and we look forward to the next visit and next Christmas Eve. Once again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.... and to all Good Night!!!!

No comments: