I lost posted on 18 May on the gardens progress. So here we are some 15 days later. I have been watching the plants grow, but going back and looking, I can see some real progress. Remember, I am not a farmer, so gardening is always a work in progress and a lot of lessons learned.
The potato and red onions. I have twenty potato plants and a lot of onions.
The corn is coming along, so 90 plants are growing to date.
The peas are the real winner and I replanted the beans after the frost.
The tomatoes, hmmmm. They are growing, but just look sickly.
The watermelons are moving along.
A close up of the watermelons. One of the plants is different, I found a sprout where we grew watermelon last year and moved it over. I don't think it was a watermelon. I think it is a sun flower. Time will tell.
The carrots are coming in. Despite Christopher walking through them early on.
The green onions are making a good effort.
The broccoli is doing very well.
The dirt between the broccoli and pumpkins is supposed to have bell peppers. I have three plants, but not sure if they are peppers or weeds.
Eight pumpkins survived the last frost. They are competition pumpkins, so we will see what happens. Maybe it is a good thing the peppers did not come in.
The blackberries, some flowering, so we might get a few.
Finally, the blueberries. Starting to flower, so we might get another mouth full for Mr. C this year.
The strawberries, which were in the last post of Christopher playing, are doing great. We have at least a hundred small berries showing. A few ripen each day and Mr C makes quick work of them.
Guess I will try to wait to July before I post again. Don't want to bore you with plants growing too often!













No comments:
Post a Comment