I had to ask who is crazy enough to want to walk up a mountain. Well I know the answer now -- Mommy and Daddy!
I was wondering what the red backpack was for! Now I know! Gosh, I am learning a lot and I am on vacation!
Me inspecting my backpack to make sure it is put together properly. After all I am riding in it.
Mommy and me.
Mommy and me from the other side!
We could not find the parking lot, but I am sure we would have driven up if there was one.
No daddy is not tilting the camera to make it look steep, it just is!
Hiking is very hard work. I fell asleep, but I am sure glad Mommy did not!
Daddy gave me his hat to keep the sun off my little head.
I woke up when someone said lunch!!!!
We are on the Gad Valley Trail.
Wait, it is August! Is that snow I see up there?
We are not in Kansas anymore! Do Mommy and Daddy know people take chair lifts to get up this high?
No joke, this is one steep climb.
Found a nice stream, but they would not let me play in the water.
We actually found two other people to take our picture. I found it funny they were walking down hill. Hmmmm?
Mommy and Daddy are resting and I am pulling security. See I am down on one knee.
I was not being nice to Mommy, I pulled her hair, Daddy does not have hair! Well it was right there in my face, I am a kid, what was I supposed to do? Sorry Mommy I will not pull it again.
Base Camp, doing repairs on my backpack.
Daddy is tired, I was totally like "Get up old man I can see the top", but he wanted to rest.
Yes, that is the trail.... Can you say steep!
Why is the snow below me? Are you two crazy?
We used to be down there and we are not at the top yet.
Another sign that we are on the right trail and almost to the top.
Wait a minute. Is that a TRAM? What the (edited by censors)!!!! Why did I just walk up a mountain when there is a ride to the top?
That snow is lower than me!
The other side of the mountain!
I was way mad at this point, but I took a picture with them anyway! All I can say is we better at least ride down!!!!
Mommy is like proud and I am like "We could have ridden up and faked the picture"!!!
Thank goodness we are riding down! My backside was tired!
Daddy seems to like walking up mountains! Hmmmm, Mommy too! Two peas in a pod.
After I got off the mountain and thought about it, I guess it was not too bad! After all, they did carry me the whole way. I got to see the mountain from the bottom up. Not too many one year olds can say that! So all in all it was a really good hike. I am sure it won't be my last.
Just for your informaiton (FYI), we hiked from 7900 feet which is where our hotel is to 11000 which is where Hidden Peak sits. That is a gain of 3100 feet. We did it in about 4 hours with breaks.
I hope we rest tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment