Sunday, July 8, 2012

A visit to Timpanogos Cave

Now that life is back to normal, Mommy is out of school, we are back from Vacation, Daddy does not have drill, we thought we would go for a walk. We were going to do Antelope Island, but we have been there before, so I suggested Timpanogos Cave. We have always seen the sign and now we have seen the park and cave.
If you have never been there and live close enough, it is really cool. It is cool inside, especially on a hot day. But, I meant cool as in cool, well fun and cool. Gosh, you get what I meant.
Some back ground: the cave was found a long time ago. Which I can't understand, there is a side walk and steps and even a bathroom, so I do not know how it was hard to find.
The walk up was a good walk. You walk 1 1/2 miles and go from 5,638 feet to 6,730, which is a gain in elevation of 1,092 feet. That translates to it is up hill, way up hill. The views are great and the whole trip, we only saw one rattle snake and he wasn't even rattling.
It was a nice way to spend a day with Mommy and Daddy. And truth be told, I think the hike was a lot harder on Daddy, mostly, because he carried me on his back. I don't even think I broke a sweat.
Me and Mommy at the sign.
Me explaining to Mommy water is wet.
Had to help Mommy out of the stream bed. That is what a good son should do.
Me sending out hugs to everyone.
Me looking for cool rocks, while daddy makes sure I don't fall in.
Me and Daddy at another sign.
Me rock climbing, well I am on top, but it was a tough climb.
Me hiding under the thing on Daddy's head. Who is he kidding, I want to see where I am going.
A view from the trail.
Me controlling the camel back straw. I needed the water more.
Passing through a tunnel. I was glad this was not the cave, otherwise I would have been disappointed.
I thought that was the cave, but nope!
A view out of the American Fork Canyon.
A real popular spot, the bathroom at the top. Everyone was taking pictures of it.
It is hard to see, but if you look, I was sitting down waiting on Daddy. Guess he got tired. Really, that is what happened. Really, do you think I was having a tantrum or something?
A sign that we are at the top.
Snacks after the walk.
I shared with Daddy. I was counseling on his performance and on the things he could pack next time for lunch.
Me blocking Daddy from taking a picture of the map of the cave.
A cut out of the cave, you start on the right and work your way left. It was a long cave.
I was talking baby talk with another baby and explaining the thing in the middle of his face is a nose.
The tour is beginning.
Inside the cave.
Man, they could have made this place a little wider.
Everyone look, a cave.
More cave, without the heads in the picture.
Me keeping an eye out for Mommy.
No I am not eating, just checking my teeth.
At this point, you're most likely wondering when the tour will be over. The batteries died in the camera. So once we download a few pictures from the phone we will do another post to finish it off.
Just in case Daddy does not get around to it, I should say it was a fun day and we enjoyed the walk and the cave. It is a must see if  you visit Utah, hint hint.

No comments: