Sunday, November 25, 2012

A father and son hike in the mountains

Since it is a long weekend, we all had to find something to do. Mommy went shopping with a friend from work and Daddy and I headed to the mountains for some father and son time.

We really had no idea where we were going, but we saw a place off Highway 89 the day before and thought it looked as good as any. It started by the road and went up hill. For me, I did not care, I was riding.
Here I am on a break. We stopped next to the stream.
We asked a nice lady to take our picture so we can prove we were both there.
A view from the canyon out toward civilization.
We ran into the same lady, she was on her way back down, guess we were sort of slow. Can you make out the ice on the rocks, was kind of cold, but we dressed right.
Daddy and I next to the water fall. That is what we were walking up to see, even if we did not know it when we started.
Me having a drink in front of the falls.
This is what it looks like where you start, took this picture on the way down.
A view from the parking lot. It was a long walk for Daddy, but not so much for me. I even caught a nap on the way down.

I think we will see if Mommy wants to come with us tomorrow. Then we could have a family hike and that way we can take better pictures.

I recommend this hike to anyone, as long as you have someone to carry you, it is super easy!

No comments: