Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back to Bama II, that is the USS Alabama

It was a cloudy day and we had to think of something to do. I am three now, so I can not just watch TV and sit around. So Daddy figured a trip back to the USS Alabama would tire me out and give us something to do. He was right.
 
 
I am ringing the ships bell. I was just tall enough.
Just like at Fort Benning, I am manning a machine gun. Just this time it is not a simulator. And this ride comes with a chair so I can reach the trigger.
Looks better when you can't see the chair.
The USS Alabama is like a big city without public transportation. I had to walk everywhere.
The view out the front window.
They may have taken all the sailors off the ship, but they left all the cool buttons to push.
Inside fire control for one of the 5 inch guns.
Back on Terra Firma with the aircraft.
A view over the tank park. That is me in the middle.
 
It was a nice trip and I enjoyed Auntie and Daddy's Company. One thing is certain, by the time I am six, I will have visited almost every military museum, park and battlefield east of the Mississippi River. By the time I was two, I had covered most of the ones west of the Mississippi River.

No comments: