Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Week of the Eagles (Part Two)

One of the other reasons for visiting was to see old friends and meet new ones.
Dennis Sheridan and I at our hotel. Dennis and I met during Desert Storm. Roughly 20 years ago!

In our down time, we visited Fort Donaldson, a Civil War Battle Field. Chris and Dennis with a very old field gun.

We also visited the Fort Donaldson National Cemetery. While walking in the gardens we found 1SG Nelson Page Henry. He fell in Vietnam two years to the day before Chris was born. He is part of the 327th Infantry Regiment Family so it was appropriate for us to visit him during our visit.

Chris and I both graduated the Fort Campbell Air Assault School in the 90s. This is not the school we attended, this is the new school! Very nice!

Dennis and I on one of the practice sloped towers...

Chris and Dennis in a Jeep, the kind Dennis would have used in Vietnam!

Armor from the 278th Cavalry Regiment, Tennesse National Guard! The 101st has no organic Armor, at least no Bradley or Abrams. This was set up at the visitor center!

Another cool day of just seeing what is there and planning for our next adventure.

No comments: