As a military wife, I have made friends with many other military wives. Some have children and some don't. Some were born in the States and some were not and all from different cultures, backgrounds and faith to guide them to who they are today.
I guess, I am a pretty good listener and I also do try to learn and understand the cultures of my friends from all over the world. Lately, I have been getting many comments of shock, awe, and surprise as to what I do and what my husband does when he is at home.
Currently, I am home alone - so I have no choice but to take care of me: cook, clean and wash the car grudgingly. But, when my husband was here, he used to do much of that for me. He loves to cook, so I let him do it and I do love his cooking. He cleans up after dinner as well as I sit there and chat with him. He is good at cleaning too. Well, when he is here, he is home before I am, so that was his reasoning: he had time to relax and he liked to have the dinner ready when I get there tired and hungry. Only thing he asked me to do was ironing! So, in a way, yes I am very spoiled and very unfitting into typical Asian stereotype.
To say the least, we don't have defined roles as man vs. woman or husband vs. wife in our home, we do what we need to do and both have a mind to take care of each other. It works the best as far as I have experienced.
I know I am an exception to most typical families - but it is just my shout out to everyone that I am very lucky to have my husband in my life: a man of honor, respect and an absolutely wonderful human being, who loves me and loves his country.
No comments:
Post a Comment