Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Traffic

I do love living on the beautiful island of Oahu. Why would anybody not want to have a picture perfect view every day and sunshine and beutiful weather year around.

But there is this thing called traffic on this island. H1- Interstate (it doesn't go to any other state - or even any other island but this one) is the main artery for most automobiles trying to get to downtown. Especially from the west side of the island, in the morning, it feels like a parking lot that moves 5mph every now and then.

I haven't dealt with that for a while. I didn't miss a bit of it. Today, however, I had to go to town; thus, all the memories of traffic came rushing back and I dreaded it. So, I left two hours before my appointment time and ended up an hour early. Good thing I had a book to read.

No comments: