I have lived on Oahu for about 10 years on and off but I have actually never went to Swapmeet at Aloha Stadium - only to drop off or pick up people. Today, I actually went there and shopped. Thanks goes to my dear friend Carolina, who drove me there and helped me to choose some items to buy.
I remember how the market place was like growing up. it somehow had ans still does have a nickname of "black" market and it is always so very busy and unruly and somehow organized at the same time - but I never went there often enough to know where what was and how to walk around without bumping into people or getting my toes stepped on.
Perhaps, the fear and memory of that kept me from experiencing another "market." But, I enjoyed myself today - not the buying stuff at reasonable price - but the "experience" of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment