Friday, January 27, 2012

Duck tape, more boxes and Daddy has way too much free time!

I am all smiles, because I just got the additions to my new house. I have company coming over and I am just glad all the work is finished. The house is about 50% larger. I have three full rooms now. I did have to work with my neighbors (my stuffed animals) in order to take up more real estate. I gave them room on my roof!

I am getting ready to begin my walk through.

I am waiting on Daddy, but I am being patient.

This is my doggie entrance or a the crawling entrance.

Here I am leaving the old part and checking out my new space. It is huge!

The doggie door is an entrance and exit. That means you can come in or out of it.

The door is so cool. It actually closes.

Here I am coming out with monkey! It is a doggie door, but monkeys can use it too.

This is my bay window. It lets in lots of light and I can watch the wall.

I am conducting my final inspection. Even if Daddy is my contractor, I still have to verify quality and that he followed my specifications.

More checks.... it seems some of the seams need more work.

I am going to have to check my blue prints. Something does not look right.

Dad, we need to talk!

All in all, it is so hard to find a good contractor. I found several areas that need more duck tape. I have also requested another window and an inside window so I can see from the old side to the new side. I want a functional house. If I am paying for my house, I want it my way.

Of course I can not complain, Daddy did build me a house. It is amazing what a Daddy can do with old boxes and some duck tape. Thanks Dad! I am glad to have him around, even if it seems he has a lot of time on his hands.

1 comment:

Hoku said...

How fun! When we had ward camp in the past I brought a few really big boxes and an exacto knife to build a couple of things for the kids and it was the hit of ward camp! All the kids wanted to come play in our pirate ship and robot-box. It was so funny.