Saturday, January 21, 2012

The long journey!

When I got up this morning.... there were little patches of snow around the north facing yards. I went down for a nap at 2pm and woke up to this at 4:30pm. It is fun to watch the snow fall and collect.  However, it makes the journey an adventure.

One of my many chores, and there are a lot of them, is to get the mail. I have to journey out to get the mail. This is the beginning of my journey.

Since it was snowing Mommy was nice enough to help me. Actually she carried me, because it is really slippery. It is a long way out to that mail box. The photo journalist had to use the zoom.

A shot out across the frozen street and winter wonderland.

The return trip, we had to cross a frozen river.

Mommy (my trusted guide) got tired, so I had to walk the last mile to safety.

I am just trying to keep the driving snow out of my eyes.

Which pair of prints is mine and which is Mommy's?  Hard to tell.... how funny is that.  Mine are on the right or are they?

Reaching the safety of home.

Here I am being greeted by a reporter after successfully completing that long trip to the mail box.

Here I am with my Mommy (my faithful guide) documenting our journey for the world to see.

Here is Daddy's ladder. You ask what it has to do with my journey, nothing. I just think it is funny. Why it is there? So he can direct tv! What do I mean? Well, when it snows really hard, he gets to climb up on the roof and clean the dish, so I can watch TV! One good reason to have cable where it snows.

Our back yard, a white winter wonderland.

As you can see we are getting some snow in the valleys. It is nice and since our house faces south as soon as the sun comes out our snow will melt! If it is really deep and cold it might last a day. So my next journey will not be as tough.

1 comment:

Hoku said...

I just think these shots are incredible. I really can't imagine what it must be like to have the cold of snow all around - we're still warm and sweating in Hawaii.

I'm sure my idea of snow is romanticized but it just seems like a lovely thing to wake to with a nice warm cup of cocoa and thick covers. (This must obviously come from a girl who's never had to scoop it, or drive through it, or get out of bed and dress for work, or keep a kid indoors all day.) Oh well. I can imagine. :)