Friday, September 27, 2013

Baking Bread for Mommy and friends....

Daddy is traveling to see Mommy tomorrow so we thought we would send her a few taste from home. Yesterday, Auntie and me made Buuz, Mongolian dumplings and today Daddy and me made bread. Some how the three year old had to work both days. Never the less we have a nice meal and some snacks for Mommy. After all I hear the food in (Name withheld) is not very good and where she is going, who knows.  
This has nothing to do with bread, but it is silly. The son is just like the father. Always has his camera at the ready.

It is a lot of work to just get started. Have to make sure we have everything.
 
Sugar is the white stuff and salt is the.... hmmmm. Mommy let me know if I got it right.

More stuff.

Most people use a mixer. Daddy likes doing it by hand. I think he is just cheap.

And likes playing with the dough.

Now that would make a really big roll.

It is a lot of effort to squeeze and pack the dough over and over.

Then we cut it into different shapes and sizes.

And I roll it out while daddy adds the cinnamon.

Yes, it is hard work, but it is for my Mommy.

We did not take any pictures of rising or baking. Daddy does not let me near the stove, but here is the finish product cooling off.
 
It is not all for Mommy, most of it. But, lets be honest. I am taking my cut, I worked really hard and Mommy would want to share her cinnamon buns with me.
 
I miss you Mommy and I love you.... I will see you when you get home and be safe!

No comments: