Here are a few more pictures of Chimge. The good new is I got to take them, which means I got to visit with Chimge over the Labor Day Weekend. Which, I must say, was very nice for all of us.
Like all great military operations, our weekend was planned in phases. I am not sure how many phases, because our weekend is a work in progress. "Phase 1" was "Movement to extraction point," "Phase 2" was "Conduct Link-up" and "Phase 3" "Return to home base." If you have never been to (Name withheld) it is in the middle of nowhere. So Phase 1 was interesting and not having my co-pilot made directions that much harder. Phase 1 is a photo less phase, because I had no one to take pictures of....
Phase 2 went really well and I was able to find (Name withheld) and once there it was easy to find Chimge. Due to movement restrictions we stayed over night at (Name withheld). While there I was able to tour Chimge's master suite and see some of (Name withheld). Here are a few pictures.
Chimge's door. You know it is classy when they put your name on the door!
A distant look at the accommodations.
Chimge's bed and personal space.
Chimge has a six person room all to herself, talk about rock star treatment. One bed shy of a new bed every night for a week. (No I did not stay there over night).
Chimge's body armor used to clash with her uniform, I mentioned that in earlier post, so they immediately issued new matching body armor. So from here on out all her clothing and accessories will match. She is modeling the latest in ballistic protection.
The (Name withheld) 9-11/ soldiers memorial.
Chimge checking out the memorial.
Phase 3 "Return to home base" was a two part mission. First we took a few people to the airport so they could go home and see their families and then we began the (Time withheld) trip home. We carried with us one other member of the USAF who is also stationed here at Eglin AFB, so he could visit his family. It was a not a short trip, but after driving here from Utah, it really was not that long. We made it home very late and got some rest.
(Stay tuned for the next installment of our Labor Day Weekend)
No comments:
Post a Comment