Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Deer Lake, hmmmm seems like there should have been a lake?

I guess I did not tell you the whole story. The other thing Daddy is great at finding is places without rides. Seems he likes to walk a lot. In case you haven't noticed his legs are a lot longer than mine. Which means I am getting a lot of exercise. That said, I was looking forward to seeing the lake. After all if I am walking all the way out to who knows where I want to see something. 
Here we are like 10,000 miles into the walk. I am already trying to get Auntie to carry me.

Things are looking up, it is an elevated side walk.

Auntie waiting for me.

If you ask enough and repeat I am so tired you can usually catch a ride. Can you see my little centipede I found in Eden? The one from the picnic table, yeah that one.

That is a big lake.

Darn, no swimming. It is ok I am not dressed for it.

Me and Daddy on the beach. Where is the lake?

Daddy trying to make me feel better since I learned there is no lake.

Those are huge waves.

Run for it they are coming in.

A sting ray in the tidal pool. He would not hold still for the picture.

Now the long walk back. Will it ever end or can I have another ride?
 
The beach was cool, even if I could not swim. I enjoyed the waves and sand. The ride out and back were not to bad either. Of course I had to listen to Daddy remind me I am almost 40 pounds the whole way. I told him it could have been worse, could have had twins. All in all a good day out with Auntie and Daddy. 

No comments: