Friday, October 11, 2013

It all started like a normal day in the park, but.....

Anyone want to guess the first thing I said this morning? Yes, you are correct, "I want to go to the big boy park (Fair)." Of course I learned it is only open one day a year, so luckily we were there yesterday. So instead of the big boy park, we went to our regular park. That is the one over at Rocky Bayou State Park. Yes, you guessed it, because Daddy gets in free. It started with our normal activities, but it appears I was not fully briefed on the plan. Instead of playing the whole time, Daddy took me on a forced march to enjoy nature.
 
Me on the big boy swing.

I like the baby swing, but Daddy would only push me on this one.

This is where it got interesting.  This sign says be prepared to walk, walk and walk and no, Daddy will not carry you.

And then we started to see nature. I think it is an alien or something.

Can we go back now? It has been more than five minutes.

Good news is the trail has rest stops along the way.

Next to me is a plant with flowers.

Can you see the three yellow flowers?

Daddy followed a butterfly and got a picture.

The sign post say 1.  1 what? I do not know.

Daddy found a fungus, so he took a  picture.

If I am reading this right, I walked in a big circle to get here and it was only 20 feet away.

Their is no doubt Mommy is much better with directions.

It is the real fountain of youth!

Got a little stick fishing in while Daddy watched for Alligators.

Nothing is biting, guess I will do beach art.

The U's are very hard to do.

Can you read it.... I just write what I am told.

The age of discovery, it is a lizard, can you see him?

Hurry I want to catch it.
 
The sign was not joking, I walked, walked, and walked and Daddy did not carry me once. Something about park rules and I am a big boy. He did say next time I would have a pack and could carry my own water. We also looked at plants and smelled the turpentine in the fallen pine trees. Daddy said, they call it lighter wood, because it burns so good. Seems parents always want to teach us something and sometimes it can even be fun.

No comments: