Thursday, October 31, 2013

Working for a living....

Today is October 31st, which is Halloween. However, I find myself out working, because Daddy said, all play and no work is not good. Over the last several months we have been helping our neighbor clean up his yard. He moved into a nice house, with a yard that had been neglected for the last decade. So we go over and help do projects. Today, we are redoing the bricks at the front entrance to his house. It is fun, keeps us busy and it is nice to help people. That and Daddy said if I did not work, trick or treating was out. So I gladly volunteered my time. Mostly, because it was the right thing to do and a little for the candy.
 
Here we are cleaning the bricks, once we pull them up, we have to get all the dirt out the holes and off the sides. Makes them easier to put back and level.

Here I am lining up the bricks. It is not easy.

Always stopping me to take a picture.

This is the first half of todays project.

Here I am after we finished for the afternoon. It really looks a lot better. We pulled, cleaned and replaced ever single brick by hand. This is phase III of this project.
 
The front yard brick project is finished, now we have to move to the back yard. Like I said, a decade of neglect is not fixed over night. The good thing is it keeps us busy while Mommy is away.

No comments: