Thursday, October 3, 2013

Life on the home front goes on

Mommy is off serving our country and life on the home front has to remain normal.  So we loaded up the car and Daddy took me and Auntie to another park. This time we went to Falling Waters which has the highest water fall in Florida. It was a cool park that offered hiking, touring and swimming with alligators. Had something for everyone, even a picky kid like me.
 
Park Sign

Park Historical Marker
 
 
 
The Start of our really, really long walk.

A sink hole. Lots of these in the park and Florida.

How the park got its name. Falling water or a water fall.

That is where it goes, way down to the bottom of a sink hole.

Me on the viewing deck.

We were watching water fall, but Daddy called to get a picture.

Florida has a lot of board walks.

Looking out at the swimming hole wish I had my suit.

Throwing pine cones in the lake.

Daddy needed a break.

It is to warm for a camp fire and Daddy needed another break.

Why Daddy needed a break, he is carrying me!

Well I have a good reason to be carried, there are alligators in this place.

My favorite part of the park, the play ground.

I love the kiddy swings, can't fall out.

All that fun, I needed to eat lunch.
 
We miss you Mommy!  The good news is Daddy is keeping us busy and keeping the home fires lit. Not sure what that last part means, but I think Daddy does.

No comments: